CALL FOR ENTRIES
This annual exhibit showcases artists’ most creative works incorporating any theme of the artist’s choosing. Artists are invited to submit a maximum of three works of art in any 2-D or 3-D media, of any style or genre (abstract, conceptual, highly realistic, etc.), for consideration in Litmus Gallery’s Anything Goes 2017 exhibit.
- Monday, October 16: Artist entry information must be received by this date
- Friday, October 20: Artists notified by this date if their work is juried into the show
- Thursday, October 26: Accepted works hand-delivered to Gallery: 10 am to 2 pm
- Saturday, October 28: Alternate delivery date of art work to Gallery: 1 pm – 3 pm
- Friday, December 1: Exhibition closes at 9 pm: unsold art may be picked up at 9 pm
- Saturday, December 2: Alternative pick up of unsold art: 1-3 pm
- Friday, November 3: Exhibition opens / Wine Reception 6-9 pm
- Friday, December 1: Wine Reception: 6-9 pm / Exhibit closes 9 pm
The exhibition is a juried exhibition to showcase outstanding original visual art. It is open to both professional and emerging artists who are 18 years or older using visual media. Artists may submit for consideration up to three (3) works not previously exhibited at Litmus Gallery. 2-D and 3-D art will be selected for this exhibition. All works of art entered must be for sale. There is no fee for submitting work to be considered for inclusion in this exhibit. A fee is collected only from those juried into the exhibit.
Artists who wish to participate should:
- Ensure that each work of art is in a separate jpg image (one view of 2D and two views of 3D) and that the image is named as follows: artistname_titleofwork_medium.jpg (for example: JoeSmith_Sublime_painting.jpg). If your image is not named correctly, we cannot consider it for the show, unfortunately. Image must not exceed 150 KB. Attach photo images for works being submitted.
- Complete the “Exhibition Entry Form” with all information requested.
- Submitting work to this exhibit indicates your understanding and agreement with all exhibit rules and specifications.
Rules and Specifications
- Required: Works must be original and committed to the show for the entire exhibition period. Litmus Gallery & Studios reserves the right to refuse any work that is not properly presented, requires special installation, or is deemed inappropriate by the Litmus Gallery Jury committee.
- Presentation Specifications:
- All 2D work must be completely prepared for hanging with wire.
- Wire must not be frayed and must support the weight of the piece.
- No “saw tooth” hangers may be used.
- Maximum framed size cannot exceed 50” in any direction.
- 2D and 3D art cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- (Works not complying with theses specifications will not be accepted for the exhibition.)
- Fees: For those selected to participate, there is an entry fee of $30. The fee will be collected at the time the art is delivered to Litmus Gallery. Only cash or checks payable to James Fatata are accepted.
- Deadline: For those wishing to submit art to be considered, Litmus Gallery & Studios must receive this entry form no later than the deadline listed.
- Liability: Works are entered at the risk of the artist. Although the utmost care will be taken in handling all art work, Litmus Gallery & Studios will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause. Submitting a work of art shall imply an agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. Works exceeding a price of $5000.00 are not permitted.
- Sales: Sales will be encouraged. A 30% commission will be collected on art sold during the exhibition. The artist is committed to the sale price submitted.
- Awards: A $100 prize for ‘Best in Show’ and three $50 prizes for ‘Merit Awards” will be awarded by the show’s juror(s).
- Removal: Unless sold, all artwork must remain on view until the close of the exhibition. Unsold works should be picked up on the specified date and time indicated. Any work not picked up during the specified time, or by other arrangement with Litmus Gallery, will be stored at the rate of $2.00 a day.